Marsh have announced the launch of Cyber ECHO, a new global excess cyber risk facility that provides more reliable insurance coverage for organisations around the world.
Following a series of high-profile cyber losses, underwriters have become more selective and in some cases are reducing the amount of capital they are willing to deploy on certain risks – especially those involving health care and payment card data. This is particularly acute in the excess cyber market, where rates have more than doubled in the US over the last 12 months.
Cyber ECHO brings greater stability to the excess market with up to $50 million in “follow form” coverage for clients of any industry sector and risk profile around the world. Underwritten by leading Lloyd’s of London syndicates, the facility is designed to respond consistently to the terms and conditions outlined in the primary cyber policy. Such follow form language helps to mitigate coverage ambiguities that can sometimes lead to costly disputes and/or delays in claims payments.
Cyber ECHO also includes a pre-priced option that allows insureds to reinstate policy limits, should they experience a cyber event during the policy period that has the potential to exhaust their policy limits.
“While overall capacity in the cyber market remains abundant, the excess market is highly volatile,” said Bob Parisi, Marsh’s US Cyber Product Leader. “With Cyber ECHO, we are providing clients of all industry sectors with an efficient and more predictable excess coverage solution.”
Leslie Kurshan, Head of Product Development for the Financial and Professional (FINPRO) Practice at Marsh UK, added, “Inconsistent wordings and varying terms and conditions between primary and excess insurance policies can contribute to significant delays in claims being paid and may even result in the failure to recover costs from insurers. Cyber ECHO helps to mitigate these issues, and is designed to aid in swift recovery from a loss.”
- PDF REPORT: Counting The Cost Cyber Exposure Decoded
- PDF REPORT: Safety and Shipping Review 2016
- Chubb's Expanded Global Cyber Practice Launches Service To Help Firms Combat Ransomware Attacks
- The Global Forum to Advance Cyber Resilience Holds Inaugural Meeting at the Kogod Cybersecurity Governance Center, February 18, 2016
- PDF REPORT: The Threat To Our Cybersecurity Foundation
Latest from Cyber Policy Magazine
- Aon and Guidewire Launch Cyber Scenario for a U.S. Dam Attack
- Generali Launches Its Fully-Dedicated Cyber Insurance Function And The CyberSecurTech Start-Up
- Silent Cyber Added To Willis Re’s Cyber Portfolio Management Tool PRISM-ReTM
- Companies Will Make Major Enterprise Wide Changes To Address Cyber Risk In 2018
- DAS Spain Launches DAS Cyberbullying Insurance