Chubb has announced it has created an industry practice dedicated to providing insurance coverage and risk management solutions to the healthcare marketplace. Chubb's Healthcare Industry Practice brings together the company's capabilities to offer a full range of innovative insurance products and services for healthcare customers, including hospitals, physicians, long-term care facilities, managed care providers and other miscellaneous medical facilities and operations.
"The integration of physicians, shifts in payment models, new medical treatments and technologies, changing regulations, and merger and acquisition (M&A) activity are driving healthcare transformation and are challenging the industry to find new and creative risk management strategies and coverage options to help protect itself against significant liability exposures. Our industry practice is uniquely positioned to address these challenges with a comprehensive portfolio of products and services," said Caroline Clouser, Executive Vice President, Chubb Healthcare.
The Healthcare Industry Practice will be distributed through Chubb's eight North American regions and will have a presence in 48 branch offices. Its broad suite of coverage options include:
- Medical Professional Liability
- Property, Builders' Risk and Boiler & Machinery
- Management Liability
- Privacy & Network Security
- Alternative Risk Financing, such as Loss Portfolio Transfers
- Heliport & Non-owned Aircraft
- Accident & Health
- ESIS- Risk Management Services and Third-Party Administrator
Healthcare customers also will have access to Chubb's customized risk management and engineering services that provide customers with convenient and timely access to information about evolving risk exposures, risk identification, strategy implementation and effective communication.
Ms. Clouser, who will be based in Philadelphia and will report to Chris Maleno, President, Chubb North America Major Accounts Division, will lead a team of experienced and dedicated healthcare underwriters, risk engineers, service specialists and regional distribution leaders across multiple lines of business. The following individuals will support Ms. Clouser and have national management and distribution responsibilities within the Healthcare Industry Practice:
Industry Practice Leadership Team
Annick Charles, as the practice's Chief Operating Officer, will lead operations and execution across all customer segments. Ms. Charles also will be Medical Liability Product Leader for medical programs, managed care and miscellaneous medical liability.
Susan Devries will be North America Commercial Insurance Leader, responsible for managing the practice's middle market account business. Ms. Devries also will be Property Product Leader.
Diane Doherty will be Risk Management Leader, responsible for servicing healthcare customers with tailored risk management programs.
Edward Dunn will be North America Major Accounts Leader, responsible for managing large account business. Mr. Dunn also will be Medical Liability Product Leader for hospitals, physicians and long-term care.
Bret Spicer will continue in his role as Business Development Leader, responsible for driving production and account management across all lines of business.
Jessica Yuspeh will be Field Leader, responsible for distribution throughout the North America field organization.
Product Leadership Team
The following individuals will be responsible for managing their respective line of business underwritten within the practice:
- Amanda Braz, Environmental
- Christopher Gardner, Construction
- Justin Goldfarb, Privacy & Network Security
- Robert Hawes, Primary and Foreign Casualty
- Beth Strapp, Financial Lines
- Colleen Syring, Surety
- Samuel Terzich, ESIS
Field Leadership Team
The following individuals will be responsible for managing the practice's distribution through their respective Chubb region:
- Douglas Griffin, Northeast Region
- Jeff Lang, Pacific Region
- Dana Leach, Mid-Atlantic Region
- Kendall Maloney, Midwest Region
- Jennifer Proce, New York Region
- Lisa Quesenberry, Southeast Region
- Evelyn Rawls, Southwest Region
"With healthcare revenues growing at a rate faster than inflation and comprising 17% of the U.S. Gross Domestic Product, this industry segment requires dedicated expertise to support it," said Ms. Clouser. "I am pleased to be able to lead Chubb's Healthcare Industry Practice, which brings together the broad capabilities of our organization to respond to the diverse needs of healthcare customers. Our experienced team of professionals, who have built long-term relationships with healthcare organizations, is committed to providing creative and responsive insurance and risk management products for a more complete solution."
The Healthcare Industry Practice is one of several Chubb industry-specific practices, including:
- Clean Tech
- Educational Institutions
- Financial Institutions
- Government Contractors
- Law Firms
- Information & Network Technology
- Life Sciences
- Museum & Cultural Institutions
- Private Equity
- Real Estate & Hospitality
All products may not be available in all states. Surplus lines products are available only through licensed surplus lines producers. Coverage is subject to the language of the policies as actually issued.
Latest from Cyber Policy Magazine
- Silent Cyber Added To Willis Re’s Cyber Portfolio Management Tool PRISM-ReTM
- Companies Will Make Major Enterprise Wide Changes To Address Cyber Risk In 2018
- DAS Spain Launches DAS Cyberbullying Insurance
- BDO Advises Urgent Assessment Of Cyber Risk And Warns Against ‘One Size Fits All’ Cyber Insurance
- XL Catlin Introduces CyberRiskConnect - Enhanced Cyber & Technology Insurance Coverage In North America