Lockton Companies has appointed Ben Beeson its Cyber Risk Practice Leader. Beeson will work with the insurance broker’s leading team of cyber insurance professionals to guide companies through an increasingly challenging cyber risk environment. Lockton is the world’s largest privately held, independent insurance broker.
Beeson is an industry leader in supporting the development of US cyber security policy and was engaged in the creation and roll out of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (National Institute of Standards and Technology). He testified before Congress in 2015 about the evolution of the cyber insurance market. He has also authored a section in the New York Stock Exchange’s recently published cyber security guide for directors and officers, “Navigating the Digital Age.” Beeson is a sought-after media commentator on cyber security issues, appearing recently on CNN and Fox News, as well as in The Financial Times, Thomson Reuters, and The Huffington Post.
Beeson will continue to be based in Lockton’s Washington, DC office, where he had previously worked as a client executive. He relocated to the US two years ago from Lockton’s London operation where he began his work in cyber risk.
Brian Kawamoto, Executive Vice President of Lockton, said, “Above all, Lockton is recognized for its culture of innovative thinking when addressing emerging cyber risks for our clients. I can think of no better individual than Ben Beeson to provide Lockton clients the necessary leadership to navigate today’s cyber security and privacy challenges.”
Beeson said, “The insurance industry is at the forefront of the public policy debate about how best to incentivize companies to invest in cyber resilience. We need a great sense of urgency on this issue. It’s exciting to lead and support a talented group of people at Lockton who are focused on creating practical cyber risk solutions for clients.”
- PDF REPORT: Counting The Cost Cyber Exposure Decoded
- PDF REPORT: Safety and Shipping Review 2016
- The Global Forum to Advance Cyber Resilience Holds Inaugural Meeting at the Kogod Cybersecurity Governance Center, February 18, 2016
- PDF REPORT: The Threat To Our Cybersecurity Foundation
- CIOs Admit to Wasting Millions on Cybersecurity
Latest from Cyber Policy Magazine
- Aon and Guidewire Launch Cyber Scenario for a U.S. Dam Attack
- Generali Launches Its Fully-Dedicated Cyber Insurance Function And The CyberSecurTech Start-Up
- Silent Cyber Added To Willis Re’s Cyber Portfolio Management Tool PRISM-ReTM
- Companies Will Make Major Enterprise Wide Changes To Address Cyber Risk In 2018
- DAS Spain Launches DAS Cyberbullying Insurance