In “Up to 1.1 Million Customers Could be Affected in Data Breach at Insurer CareFirst” New York Times May 20, Austin Berglas, head of U.S. Cyber Investigations and Incident Response at K2 Intelligence comments on the latest Blue Cross Blue Shield plan that suffered a data breach.
Berglas, former Assistant Special Agent in Charge (ASAC) of the FBI’s Cyber Branch in New York noted, “A nation state might be looking at pulling out medical information or simply looking to get a foothold, which they can use as a testing ground for tools to infiltrate other sectors.”
To read the full article, please click here.
Latest from Cyber Policy Magazine
- BDO Advises Urgent Assessment Of Cyber Risk And Warns Against ‘One Size Fits All’ Cyber Insurance
- XL Catlin Introduces CyberRiskConnect - Enhanced Cyber & Technology Insurance Coverage In North America
- U.S. Cyber Insurance Industry Grows 35%; Loss Rates Improve
- PDF REPORT: Counting The Cost Cyber Exposure Decoded
- Maritime Industry Experts To Discuss Cyber Security