A.M. Best has released the latest installment of its Insurance Law Podcast, a series that examines timely insurance issues from an attorney’s point of view.
This episode features attorney Ted Schaer, chief information and security officer at the law firm of Zarwin, Baum, DeVito, Kaplan, Schaer, Toddy, P.C., in Philadelphia, PA. Mr. Schaer is also co-dean of The Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM) School of Cyber Claims, where he oversees the Executive Council for each course, manages the school curriculum and ensures the goals for cyber certification are met. The podcast discusses cyber data breaches and addresses the steps that businesses can take to prepare for, and minimize, the chances of a cyber data breach.
Mr. Schaer estimates the cost a business could face in the event of a cyber data breach and suggests where the greatest threat for a cyber data breach currently lies. He talks about the importance of performing a risk assessment when considering cyber data exposure as well as the importance of developing corporate policies and procedures that aim to promote cyber data security. Mr. Schaer also details the types of insurance that exist in the marketplace that could cover a cyber data breach.
Zarwin, Baum, DeVito, Kaplan, Schaer, Toddy, P.C. is listed in Best’s Directories of Recommended Insurance Attorneys and Adjusters, the most authoritative and detailed reference for locating qualified legal counsel, independent insurance adjusting services and expert service providers since 1928.
Listen or subscribe to the Insurance Law Podcast.
- PDF REPORT: Counting The Cost Cyber Exposure Decoded
- Fitch: Rapid Growth in Cyber Insurance Would Be Credit-Negative
- PDF REPORT: Safety and Shipping Review 2016
- Chubb's Expanded Global Cyber Practice Launches Service To Help Firms Combat Ransomware Attacks
- Two-Thirds Of Business Decision Makers Expect To Suffer An Information Security Breach
Latest from Cyber Policy Magazine
- Aon and Guidewire Launch Cyber Scenario for a U.S. Dam Attack
- Generali Launches Its Fully-Dedicated Cyber Insurance Function And The CyberSecurTech Start-Up
- Silent Cyber Added To Willis Re’s Cyber Portfolio Management Tool PRISM-ReTM
- Companies Will Make Major Enterprise Wide Changes To Address Cyber Risk In 2018
- DAS Spain Launches DAS Cyberbullying Insurance